The idea of buying the latest smartphones is exciting. There are a lot of features to explore for performing different functions and activities, in that a new phone is a one-time investment that will last you longer and cost you quite a bit. And the most expensive phone is not necessarily the best for you, as you may not even use all the features and capabilities.
Let’s dive in and understand features to consider so that you can make the right choice on your own.
1. Operating system: The first thing you should think about about your phone is the operating system. You have two options: Android from Google or iOS from Apple. It is important to choose the right software because it is this feature that powers your smartphone. Android is the best choice because the platform is widely compatible and more customizable. You will see more Android devices than iOS devices in the market. Also, Android devices are undoubtedly more affordable.
On the other hand, iOS or iPhone devices are known for their easy-to-use interface. Moreover, iPhones win in security, and there is strict quality control on the apps you can download from the App Store. iPhones are great for Apple users and these users can easily connect their smartphones to other Apple devices. iPhones cost a lot more and offer premium services like iTunes, FaceTime, and iCloud, which are not available on Android platforms.
2. Design: It is one of the very important characteristics that should be considered. There are usually two types of designs: metallic and plastic. Many models these days contain “Gorilla Glass” that provides superior durability. Some may prefer the rounded ends and others may need a sharper smartphone. And unlockable phones are now making a comeback. The metallic body may be all black and may look cool but may have limited ports or does not allow microSD cards to be used.
3. Screen size: The type of Screen size matters too much. If you are an avid gamer, you may want to have a larger screen size for a better gaming experience. Those who have a font size problem in font size or like to watch Netflix movies should buy phones with a screen size of at least 5.7 inches.
As for those who use the phone only for social media notifications or for sending text messages, it is better to choose a smaller screen. Android also has two types of screens with LCD and AMOLED technology. LCD screen tends to display brighter colors in sunlight while AMOLED displays better contrast. However, the differences are now minimal. Users can also choose between HD resolution, 4K resolution, and many more.
4. Processor: The processor boosts the performance of your phone. Processor speed is important, especially when it comes to software updates. It also determines how quickly all activities are performed on your phone. If you watch a lot of videos or play several games and don’t want slow performance, it becomes important to choose a processor with a higher speed.
For gamers, we suggest Android with the Snapdragon 835 processor. The processors in the latest iPhones are the fastest yet. However, over time, due to the many innovations, the processor no longer has The same which it previously had.
5. RAM: These days, 1GB of memory is no longer enough. 2GB memory is the norm today. As for the 4 GB and 6 GB memories, they are available in first-class high-end phones, and the 8 GB phones are ideal for gaming.
6. Internal storage: Internal storage is very important today, especially with the emergence of more applications and more people who are interested in taking pictures and videos. 32 GB minimum, and 64GB is great if you want heavy-duty apps on your phone to open your office documents, etc. You may need 128GB of memory if you want HD videos or games.
The capacity of many Android phones can be increased with the help of microSD external memory. Apple iPhones offer cloud storage. This space is free up to a certain ceiling, but it may cost you if you want more storage capacity. iCloud is a good solution for those who have a lot of information saved on their phones.
7. Battery: Any phone that lasts more than 10 hours is considered a phone with a great battery. Look for a phone with at least 3000 mAh if you want long battery life. Some phones offer very fast charging. Many Oneplus phones come with a turbocharger. Also, if you want to be able to quickly charge your devices before a meeting, for example, wireless charging, the newest technology, is the most convenient for you. Qualcomm Quick Charge 4.0 is an option worth considering. Removable batteries are not popular these days because they are not waterproof. The benefit of this design is that the battery is easily replaceable and you don’t have to pay for repair service. iPhones are starting to support wireless charging with compatible charging pads.
8. Fingerprint Security: nowadays, almost all models have a fingerprint sensor. However, the sensor must be dust and oil free. Sweat and crumbs on your fingers can make this function difficult to use. Sensors are very important, and they can be in the center of the phone or next to the camera. iPhone Touch ID is used to make purchases in the Apple Store, while Samsung Touch ID can be used with Android Pay. The latest addition is the iPhone’s Face ID that identifies a user’s face. However, it tends to be a bit slower than fingerprint sensors.
9. Camera: The camera has become a staple for mobile photography enthusiasts. In general, people look at megapixels thinking that the higher the megapixel, the better the mobile phone is. But this is a wrong assumption. There are a lot of other factors to consider such as sensors, lenses and apertures. Sensors capture more light, the number of pixels determines the detail and resolution of images, and the lens can be used for aperture and zoom features. The aperture determines the percentage of light that can pass through it, while the magnification helps to get as close to objects as possible.
The iPhone, on the other hand, is a completely different category. With the latest iPhone 11 models with 3 cameras, the telephoto camera, the wide and large cameras, you are offered a lot of options with the photos you take.
10. Operating system updates: Many of us do not give this characteristic due importance. If you bought an iPhone, make sure you have the latest software update. However, this is not the case with Android except for a few, like the Google Pixel. Even today, phones running Android 8.1 Oreo are released. It is important to check the brands that allow you to update your software regularly. This improves the overall performance of your phone and fixes bugs and problems.
10. Check out the latest releases: March and November are the two months in which most mobile phones are released. This also happens when the prices of older models are slightly reduced. Be smart and choose a slightly older model with almost the same features as newer models.
11. Used or new – what to choose? Used smartphones are a potential option, but they may be stolen or overused. Try to buy a used phone from a reputable dealer. You may save money by buying a used phone, but it may cost you money in case of repair. It’s best to use it as a secondary device, especially if you won’t be using it often. Remember that the device must be in good condition and should not be too old.
We hope we have given you enough ideas about what to look for when buying a new phone. Just looking at the characteristics is not enough, you have to consider the cost, brand reputation, and after-sales services available as well.
I am not a doctor, psychiatrist, therapist, or professional, and I don’t play one on the internet. So the information provided herein is for informational purposes only and does not constitute professional advice. Plus, before taking any decision based on what you find on this website, you are advised to consult a doctor or professional.
Raising pets at home properly, mainly dogs and cats, is a fun thing for many people and can have many psychological and social benefits. Some of which are: reducing exposure to stress, creating a feeling of relaxation, satisfaction, vitality, and an increased sense of responsibility towards others. Also, this can create an atmosphere of happiness,...
Wrinkles under the eyes are fine wrinkles called crow’s feet, and laughter lines, and they are formed around the outer corners of the eyes. They begin to appear in the middle and last of the thirty years of age due to the lack of collagen and elastin production. There are other factors that lead to...